I'm finally getting around to painting Luke's room. I don't really have a plan, I just know I want it to look somewhat nautical and classic, but also in a kid sort of way.
Without a plan, I just grabbed a can of "regatta" blue paint at Home Depot. I tested it out and decided it really wasn't what I had in mind...guess that's why you are only supposed to buy a pint - lesson learned! I just figured with a name like regatta blue, how could I go wrong?
After a little wall test and the desision that this wasn't the color, I don't know what made me do it, but all of a sudded, I started painting one of Luke's favorite sea creatures - the octopus - or OP-TI-KA as he enthusiastically says! Well, that was so much fun that I started painting all of his other favorites. You'll see that I'm no artist, but Luke thinks I'm the greatest! :-)
John was shocked - but smiled and laughed along when Luke shouted out the names - and Joshua, of course, wanted to contribute too! He painted the whale and the shark.
I think I was a little shocked too, at how my color-testing turned out, but it was a ton of fun and we all had such a great time. It's only paint, after all! :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment